Skip to content

The Purple Teacozy

July 3, 2012

Have you encountered BBC Sherlock yet?

Have you encountered BBC Sherlock fandom?

Have you encountered the Purple Shirt of Sex?

I have, recently, and when you add in the Ravellenic Games, well, there was only one logical course of action.

I present the Purple Teacozy of Sex:

The pattern is two bucks on Ravelry.  Why don’t you make yourself one!?

13 Comments leave one →
  1. July 31, 2012 7:33 am

Hi Suzyn! I totally love this tea cosy and just wanted to let you know we have featured links to it on our tea cosy blog this week :-)

Happy knitting

Faye

2. Ann Foley permalink
    June 25, 2013 5:18 pm

this is a really beautiful tea cosy can get the pattern please

• Suzyn permalink*
      June 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Thanks! The pattern is available on Ravelry – click the pink Ravelry link at the bottom of the post.

3. Sally permalink
    September 5, 2013 4:15 pm

The purple tea cozy is cute. I started to knit it today but I’m having a problem. On page 3 “back without graffiti” where it says
    WS: Work as set, TURN
    What does “set” mean?
    Help! Sally.

• Suzyn permalink*
      September 5, 2013 4:41 pm

“Work as set” means keep going with what you’ve got – keep the cables or garter at the edges, and keep the stockinette for the rest.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Suzyn

4. Fran Percival permalink
    November 10, 2013 4:09 pm

If I buy this pattern does it have patterns for different size teapots? I want to knit this for a six cup teapot. I don’t mind buying the pattern but only if I will be able to knit the size I require without having to calculate for myself.
    ~Fran

• Suzyn permalink*
      November 10, 2013 6:10 pm

The pattern includes some general directions for how to customize the size. There is no such thing as a “standard” 6 cup teapot – some are taller, some are rounder – so there’s going to be a little bit of customization required for anyone. If you’re concerned, I’d take a look through the projects on Ravelry and see the many different shapes and sizes of teapots. FWIW, my teapot, shown above, is approx. 6 cups.

• Fran Percival permalink
        November 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Thanks Suzyn for your response I did buy your pattern and I will play with the pattern as I think it is a great cosy for a young couple. My teapot measures 19inches around including the spout so not much difference, the height is the same.:)
        ~Fran

5. Carolyn Hardy permalink
    March 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Could not find your “free” pattern for the Purple Shirt of Sex tea cozy. Where is it?

• Suzyn permalink*
      March 22, 2014 4:31 pm

It was free for about the first year. It’s now $2.50 here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/purple-teacozy-of-sex

• Carolyn Hardy permalink
        March 24, 2014 10:16 am

Then maybe the “free” offer should come off the site? Sad. I wanted it as a gift this Friday, but no time to order the pattern. :(

• Suzyn permalink*
        March 24, 2014 10:52 am

Can you tell me where you’re seeing the word “free” and I’ll remove it. Meanwhile, the Ravelry delivery system is practically instant.

Trackbacks